Speaking of Care

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Everybody's Doing It...

Oh, hey, look, I'm blogging!  I'm kind of excited- I've always been a writer and the idea that people might want to read what I write is pretty cool.  People have been telling me for a while that I should start a blog, but I didn't know what to write about.  I wanted it to be something hip, trendy, cutting-edge...but that's just not me.  Then I thought it should be something about my father, since I'm so involved in his life...but that seemed boring and depressing.  I wondered what I'm good at, and what I like doing, but nothing seemed appropriate.  A blog about my yoga practice or my ability to recognize when people get their hair cut?  Meh. 

In the past month, however, I've discovered a new rush of satisfaction that comes from initiating something myself and going through with it (more on that later).  I guess a simple way to explain it is that I felt stuck, with everyday things sucking my energy, and I realized I could do something positive with that energy.  If somebody can gleam a bit of truth or perspective from my writing, then it will be well worth it.  If not, and this only serves as an outlet for me, it will still be worth it.  So what is this blog about?  I still don't know, exactly.  You can read a little more on the "Caring" page on the side.  Here are some of my thoughts, put into words.   I think of myself as creative, but not necessarily crafty, and a blog seems like a satisfying way to express that.  So enjoy.  Or don't.  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love reading your posts, and the pages you added about your Mom and Dad are very touching. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh J, thank you! I'm delighted that you are interested in reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are doing this girlfriend! I love reading your writing and you inspire me to get back on the mat! LOL- M

    ReplyDelete